DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Microdisplay Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global microdisplay market reached a value of US$ 1.63 Billion in 2021. Looking forward, the publisher expects the market to reach US$ 5.17 Billion by 2027, exhibiting at a CAGR of 21.2% during 2022-2027.
- Kopin Corporation
- Himax Technologies Inc
- eMagin Corporation
- WiseChip Semiconductor Inc
- Microtips Technology LLC
- Universal Display Corporation
- Sony Semiconductor Solutions Corporation
- Micron Technology Inc.
- LG Display Co. Ltd.
- Seiko Epson Corporation
- Yunnan Olightek Opto-Electronic Technology Co. Ltd
- Jasper Display Corp.
Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
A microdisplay is a small-sized screen with a diagonal size of less than two inches. It is commonly used in rear-projection televisions (TVs), head-mounted displays (HMDs), head-up displays (HUDs), data projectors, and Near-To-Eye (NTE) devices and as viewfinders in digital cameras. It can either be transmissive or reflective type depending upon the mode of transmission of light through the display unit. Reflective microdisplays are used in Digital Light Processing (DLP) projectors, whereas transmissive microdisplays are used in backlit laptop computer screens.
Some of the chief characteristics of microdisplays include high resolution, excellent picture quality, low power consumption and compact size. Owing to these advantages, they find wide applications across industries such as military and defense, consumer electronics and healthcare. The increasing popularity of augmented/virtual reality (AR/VR) and the development of high-definition and ultra-high-definition microdisplay screens are among the critical factors driving the demand for microdisplays in these industries.
For instance, AR and VR headsets require highly advanced microdisplays to offer the best performance to the user. Additionally, there is an increasing demand for lightweight and compact VR glasses which are made using large-area microdisplays. Apart from this, HMDs are extensively used in the gaming, sports and entertainment sectors in products such as TV sets, tablets, smartphones and cameras, thus further catalyzing the demand for these screens.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global microdisplay market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global microdisplay industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global microdisplay industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the resolution?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the brightness?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global microdisplay industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global microdisplay industry?
- What is the structure of the global microdisplay industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global microdisplay industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global microdisplay industry?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Microdisplay Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Breakup by Product
5.5 Market Breakup by Technology
5.6 Market Breakup by Resolution
5.7 Market Breakup by Brightness
5.8 Market Breakup by End-User
5.9 Market Breakup by Region
5.10 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Product
7 Market Breakup by Technology
8 Market Breakup by Resolution
9 Market Breakup by Brightness
10 Market Breakup by End-User
11 Market Breakup by Region
12 SWOT Analysis
13 Value Chain Analysis
14 Porters Five Forces Analysis
15 Price Analysis
15.1 Price Indicators
15.2 Price Structure
15.3 Margin Analysis
16 Competitive Landscape
16.1 Market Structure
16.2 Key Players
16.3 Profiles of Key Players
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/nc5lfv