Kim Kardashian instructed her cellphone game to pull down a new section of the game that featured a prince and his actress bride quitting a royal family … following backlash she’s cashing in on Megxit.
The “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” reality TV star’s Hollywood recently released a ginger-haired prince and his dark-skinned wife who walked away from his cold and distant royal family, and later granted a TV interview shading the monarchy.
Speaking about the ‘Royal Runaways’ Lily Tonner, a longtime fan of the game, who spoke to the Sun on Tuesday said, “The two characters are obviously based on Meghan [Markle] and [Prince] Harry.”
“I was really shocked,” she said, describing it “in poor taste” considering that Queen Elizabeth II who recently lost her husband Prince Philip has been through a lot in recent time.
Meanwhile, a source close to Kim Kardashian has confirmed that she wasn’t aware of what was happening until Tuesday when the new ‘Royal Runaways’ section of the game started generating criticism, “she immediately took steps to ensure it was taken down,” the source said.
The source also said, “Kim is disappointed that this happened and has requested an internal investigation to ensure that this misstep doesn’t happen again.”
Glu Mobile, game makers also said that the ‘Royal Runaways’ part of the game had been pulled down after a lot of valuable feedback, saying, “It’s clear we missed the mark with this, and we sincerely apologize.
“We did not intend to direct any negativity towards any particular person or groups of people,” a spokesperson for the company said of the Meghan Markle and Prince Harry game adaptation.