Charles Polevich, the driver charged with killing Nicki Minaj’s 64-year-old father in a hit and run accident last month has reportedly been sued for $150 million by the rapper’s mother who’s now a widow.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Inside Rihanna’s New $13.8m Mansion In Beverly Hills – See Photos
Polevich who’s currently 70-year-old reportedly hit Robert Maraj with his car as Nicki Minaj’s father was walking across the street in Mineola on February 12, and got out of his car and asked Maraj if he was fine, but then left the scene without rendering any assistance.
Polevich is currently been charged with leaving the scene of an incident causing death and with tampering with physical evidence. Meanwhile, Nicki’s mother, Carol Maraj sued Polevich in state Supreme Court in Nassau County on Friday, attorneys Ben Crump and Paul Napoli have confirmed.
“He (Polevich) was not only irresponsible and negligent but more concerned about running away and hiding than seeking help,” Crump wrote on Instagram.
“Polevich’s behaviour was criminal, cowardly, and immoral. We will hold him responsible for his reckless actions that led to Robert Maraj’s death!” the lawyer wrote.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Kris Jenner Finally Speaks On Kanye West and Kim Kardashian’s Divorce
Polevich’s lawyer, Marc Gann, told Law&Crime that an insurance company would handle the civil matter. Gann also said his client had a “tremendous amount of empathy for the family, the loss that they’ve suffered, and expressed condolences,” the outlet said.